Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

whenever you feel distant


“WHENEVER YOU FEEL DISTANT from Me, whisper My Name in loving trust. This simple prayer can restore your awareness of My Presence…The grating rancor of the world’s blasphemies cannot compete with a trusting child’s utterance: “Jesus” - Sarah Young


 Jesus. How humble I become when I think about Him or say His name. His presence is sweet and brings unspeakable joy to my soul. If only I thought about him this way every time I prayed, how significantly different my life would be. Often times I find myself rushing into words and I do not truly talk nor listen to God during prayer. I get so distracted and focus on other things that are so much less important.


BUT HE IS GOD. I don’t think I will ever comprehend how blessed I am that I get to spend time with Him daily. All I know is that I want to embrace Him and be thankful that I get to have this relationship with a perfect God, who calls me his beloved.  When I feel unfocused or unaware of his presence I just say his name and I become surrounded in that sweet presence only He can provide. 





2 comments: