Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Friendships

Recently my thoughts have been focused on friendship and what a Godly relationship with someone looks like. I've thought a lot about my brothers and sisters in Christ. I’m aware that God has placed them in my life for different purposes and I am so thankful to Him for leading me to them. I truly treasure each and everyone of their friendships. I grew up in a very small town where being a Christian is basically just claiming the “title.” I was one of those people. Yes, sometimes I prayed and I believed that God existed, but I did not truly know who God was and what a relationship with him looked like. Until God completely changed me. He gave me a new life and a new heart and I fell completely in love with Him. But it was still hard, I was finishing up high school with friendships that weren't Godly and I was not yet grounded in my faith. Which led me to sinful temptations and mistakes. I remember back then thinking and praying for a support group, a group of believers who would hold me accountable. Then I went to college…


I made so many friendships through Campus Crusade for Christ and also just by God leading me to people, I was amazed. I went to a smaller college and I did not know one single person, yet I developed friendships that I know will last forever. I gained brothers and sisters in Christ who I fellowship and worship with. People who aren’t afraid to step up and hold me accountable for my sins. I am so grateful to God for making beautiful hearts and placing them in these people who are apart of my life. It is still so unreal to me. I’ve always dreamt of friends, people that I could just pray and read The Bible with and I now have that.


What really made me think about this was a camping trip I went on not too long ago. It started out a little rough, considering the fact that we were all first time campers. But we were trusting in God for safety and comfort. Unsurprisingly God worked out everything wonderfully. We ended up having a beautiful night where we prayed, read the bible, talked about life and how God was moving. I can honestly say that it was a night that will remain on the Top Ten Best Nights Of My Life list. Being there with fellow believers just led me to rest in His glorious presence and I am still in awe at how wonderful God really is. Since the trip God has placed great thankfulness and joy in my heart for my brothers and sisters in Christ. I would just like encourage   you that if you are not surrounded by believers or in a church body, reach out and start making friendships. They are completely necessary for your faith and you will be blessed tremendously. 


I am blessed and it is all for His glory.




Colossians 3: 12-15 
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.


1 comment:

  1. Katie Love! THis is beautiful. I teared up! I have such great memories with you!!! Thanks for lifting my spirits!

    ReplyDelete