Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

love & love songs

A rant about love songs.

This week I have discovered a whole new era of love songs and they come from the master himself Ron Pope. 
His voice, lyrics and melodies will make you swoon. 
do you want an example? well then, click here.
And for an even better example, click again.

Now don't get me wrong I think love songs are great, especially when your married or dating someone you plan on marrying. Most likely they make you think about your loved one and you become all giddy listening to the lyrics.

However, if you are single (as I am) they kinda just make you want someone to feel giddy about.
Now before I continue this rant I want to make it known to the readers that I feel happy with the decision I've made being fully aware I am not ready to date for a very long time.
I have come to terms with the fact that I need to mature my relationship with Christ before I even think about dating. But these love songs certainly do not help that decision. So why is it that a simple love song can bring these emotions of affection?

 Because people love love, it's that simple. People love thinking, singing, wishing and dreaming about love.
 In fact, most people are obsessed with it.
But the thing I've come to realize this past week is that God invented love, He is love. Ron Pope is not the master (although his voice is amazing) of love, God is.
When I sing love songs about God, I get that same giddy feeling. Most of the time it ends up overwhelming me and I have to remind myself to inhale. But to me that is worship, singing love songs to the one I love. So why is it that people spend their whole life searching for love, instead of searching for the one who invented it? 

Just think about it...
In the meantime, i'm going to go listen to Phil Wickham and get all giddy for Christ.
If you'd like to join me click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment