Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Year Older, One Year Wiser?


Today is my birthday and earlier while I was celebrating I was thinking about all the things that have changed in my life this past year and how much God has changed my heart. This past year has been a season of growth and renewal. And I am thankful that God’s grace surrounds me, if it weren’t for Him I would be broken and lost. I am so thankful for his presence in my life, I cannot even put it into words. It is simply indefinable.


Okay, now it is story time.


After church today I went out to lunch with the usual Cornerstone crew and as a dear friend Lance prayed over our food, he also prayed for me. Although he prayed for multiple things, what really stuck out in my mind was his prayer that I would be more intimate with Christ and also that I would be a light to everyone on campus.


Now he doesn’t know this, but that has been my prayer for the last three months for myself. Falling in love with Christ is a beautiful thing, but this summer I haven’t felt that zeal that I once felt. I’ve been praying constantly for God to renew that love and to make it grow stronger than ever. Slowly but surely he has done that and I have felt joy like never before. I have also prayed many times that anyone who would come into contact with me this school year would see God’s presence and work in my life. That I would be bold and share the gospel with those around me. I am trusting Him and I know that things will work out to God’s perfect will, He makes all things work together for the good of those who love him. The only thing that is left for me to do is devote my whole life to Christ. He is so worth it.


These past 19 years have been interesting and it has been made clear to me that the best moments that I have had in this short life, are the moments when i'm focused completely on Christ.

Below are some pictures to show how I spent my birthday, feel free to leave feedback!

how I spent my birthday


the amazing ice cream cake

ashley and scotty, thanks for everything!


3 comments:

  1. wishing I could have been there for your birthday and the cake...just to hug my darling daughter on her birthday would have ben my blessing from the Lord above

    ReplyDelete
  2. is lance your boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, he is Cornerstones new worship leader, just moved here from California. He is a great brother in Christ though!

    ReplyDelete