Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

overwhelmed is an understatement



Ask yourself the question below. Don’t just read the question then continue to read the rest of this post, but seriously ask yourself this and examine your heart.


If you claim to be a Christian, how are you different than a non believer? Other than the fact that you believe that a God exists and maybe you sometimes pray, how else are you different?


Years ago when I asked myself that question, I couldn’t think of anything else that would set me apart from those who do not know Him. Until Christ changed me. I was dead in sin, but He raised me up and made me new. He regenerated my heart, gave me surpassing joy and now I am forever changed. This post is going to be real short and straight to the point. If you can’t think of anything else that makes you different, then pray earnestly, search your heart and ask God to search your heart as well. You do not want to be like the Pharisee’s who claimed to know God, yet when He sent his son like He promised they crucified Him. They were "religious people" and still they were blind. So don’t be religious, instead be a follower of Christ. Let your whole life revolve around Christ. Be gospel centered and fall in love with THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. 


Switching gears here:
Today I am just overwhelmed with joy. I cannot even comprehend just how beautiful God is. Every time I think I am somewhat close to understanding the goodness of God, He shows me a whole new view and I am taken back by His power, glory and love. 


So this is what falling in love over and over again feels like...

No comments:

Post a Comment