Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I WILL RUN

HELLO THERE!
For those who have been reading this blog, I really appreciate it. Although I haven't got a lot of feedback(which you should do so, because I would love to hear your comments) I still enjoy looking at the stats and seeing how many people read my blog daily. So thank you, I hope you get as much pleasure reading the posts, as I do writing them. However, this post is going to be a tad bit different. 


BIG NEWS: Just a few minutes ago I signed up for a Half Marathon in Chicago! Yes, I know, me running a half marathon? WHAT IN THE WORLD?! 


But the more I prayed about it the more I knew that it was something God has called me to do. It is for a wonderful organization called As Our Own (click for info) who help women out of their difficult lifestyles in the sex trafficking industry. It really is a great organization changing the lives of women in India and maybe even changing the lives of those running for them. For the past month I've been reading these girls life stories and the more I read, the more inclined I felt to do something to help change their lives. That is why I am dedicated to run. 


But I can't just do it by myself, I need to raise support to help these women. So this is just an opportunity for you to get involved also, even if it is just by donating a dollar. Just imagine, I have 587 facebook friends, if everyone donated one dollar, that would help me get to my individual goal of $750.00 So please, if you feel as inclined to help as I did, then do it! But most importantly I just want you to pray for  these women. Pray that God would be the center of their lives and that He would completely change their lives for His glory. 


Thanks for reading, if you'd like to donate click here!




ACTS 20:35 In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'


Galatians 6:2
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. My darling sister always inspiring and beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete