Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

beautiful thoughts


A thought has surfaced tonight, a beautiful thought.
You see I believe in God’s complete sovereignty, I believe that He is foreknowing and omnificent. Now I could sit here and tell you that I know all about God’s love, but I couldn’t tell you that I have really searched to understand what exactly that means.
So honestly do I really know about God’s love? Right now I am just going to share some thoughts running through my brain, some beautiful thoughts.


  • God knew me before I drew one single breath.
  • He knew how many hairs He would place on my head and He knew the exact number of freckles that would be placed on my nose, even before He created me.
  • He knew me and still knows me, every little detail, inside and out.
  • He knew that I would turn from him, that I would be sinful, and that he would send his son to be propitiation for my sins, yet He still loved me before He created me.
  • God knew that my flesh would fail. But He created me anyway. 
  • God fully knew that He would create a sinful human that would turn from him, disobey him, run from him and be the reason why Jesus was on that cross. Yet He calls me his beloved.


This kind of love is remarkable and marvelous. I feel so much joy when these thoughts come into my mind. I’m just constantly reminded of how unworthy I am, and it amazes me that God knowing all of this would still create and love me nonetheless.
How beautiful and magnificent our God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment