Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Being fully known, yet loved.



The tingling sensation of being ever so transparent by showing the depths of your heart, while inclining your ear to The One whom you love. An ineffaceable lasting sensation, indeed.

Some days I truly believe that I know myself, then there are the moments that I am made fully aware that I do not know the depths of my heart at all. The parts of my past self that I tend to keep in hiding, fearful that once shown abandonment may occur. Ashamed, for all the wrong reasons continually omitting the truth that I am a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). Yet, in the midst of this contemplation, recognizing that the sin, shame and attempt of concealment fails me. 
Because He knows me.

God knows the depths of my sinful heart (Psalm 44:21), yet He loves me as though I am holy and blameless in His sight (Colossians 1:22). As my thoughts ponder this sentiment, my heart is joyful. 

 To those who are in Christ, our response to this should be unrestrained joy, and happiness expressed without inhibitions. We ought to praise and thank God unceasingly, turn from sin daily and repent in elation that God does not love us as we deserve.


"To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. It liberates us from pretense, humbles us out of our self-righteousness, and fortifies us for any difficulty life can throw at us." - Tim Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment