Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

a burdened heart


God has answered my prayer, yet in the midst of praising the Lord for this, 
my heart has been broken.

My prayer for this past week was that God would burden my heart specifically for something. Although I was unaware of what exactly that something would be, I continued to pray earnestly. And God has graciously answered that prayer in remarkable ways.

My heart has been burdened for sex-trafficking victims. My heart is in deep anguish over these girls that are deceived, abused, coerced, enslaved and sexually used by their masters who have forcefully taken them to become sex slaves. I cannot even fathom the depths of how these women must feel useless, unclean, unworthy, captive, and yet I too once felt this way. I was walking in the ways of the world, blinded, yet fully aware of the bondage and captivity that enslaved me.

  But God being rich in mercy looked down in love and gifted me with grace. (Ephesians 2:4-5)

In the midst of my bondage and captivity God broke the chains and set me free. I was called to freedom so that I too may bring about freedom to others by the grace of God. May we pray for the heart and mind of Christ. May He continue to break and burden our hearts so that we too may feel the weight of this evil. All for His name sake, so that they too may know the love of a perfect master that cares, a master that they can take refuge in.

As I continue in this journey I will continually update about the steps that you and I can take to end slavery in this generation.

If you would also like to partake in setting these captives free please sign the pledge at enditmovement.com

No comments:

Post a Comment