Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

This endeavor of joy.


A venture that is inwardly moving, spiraling in the gravities of my tangled mind. A constant, central focus on Christ, and the notion of joy He places in the depths of this heart.

I am recognizing the joy in thanks, that being thankful brings forth joy. Being thankful in the times of mess, unrighteous anger, unexpected times, and every day life.

Be thankful with an unceasing thanksgiving. Trade the ugliness of me for more of Him, along with an offering of thanks, regardless of the circumstance.

Giving thanks is an action, an action that must be completed with a willing heart. Although joy will subside and an unthankful heart takes hold, joy is deeper than feelings; its saying “Yes!” to whatever God has graciously given in life, and being thankful despite the ugly that is brought on by a sinful nature.

You receive joy in Christ when you offer up thanksgiving to Him who is deserving of all thanksgiving. Exchange your fleshly desires for a heart of gratefulness and joy.

I challenge you to embark on this journey with me, see how a heart of joyous thanksgiving transforms a heart of ungodly ungratefulness.

“I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.” Habakkuk 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment