Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
so that whether I come and see you or am absent,
I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit,
with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Joy vs. Complaints


Complaints, they are the cries of unbelief and distrust in a Holy and good God.
Our complaints denotes doubt, it purges us of thankfulness, and rids us of joy.

I’ve noticed in myself the complaining that derives from my heart. An ugly heart, all at the root of its being is my lack of thankfulness, it's sin. In the garden Adam and Eve thought they needed more, they were unthankful for what God had already given them, so they disobeyed. And I disobey and complain because I think that I deserve better, more than what I have been given. I complain because I believe that things are not measuring up, or people are not measuring up, or life in general is just not measuring up. I complain due of the pride that grips my heart, because I believe that things need to go my way.

Complaining is ungodly, it is being ungrateful and it reveals the amount of dissatisfaction that our hearts holds, it shows that we are lacking in our joy in Christ. Christ has given us everything we need in Him; there is no need to complain in any circumstance. If you have Jesus, you have everything!

Look towards Jesus, love Jesus, pursue after Jesus and the grumbles will soon dissolve, your heart will be overwhelmed with more of Him, fully satisfied, full of joy, all for His glory.

Philippians 2:14-16
Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment